This country ballad captures the soul of West Virginia — where hollers echo with stories, rivers whisper secrets, and Mountaineers stand proud. From the Kanawha and Potomac rivers to the coal mines and the Appalachian trails, the song tells the story of freedom, resilience, and the deep love for the hills. A tribute to the wild and free spirit of the Mountain State.
About the Song:
"Love and Freedom in the Hills: Discovering West Virginia's Soul" is a country anthem that sings of West Virginia’s rugged beauty, proud history, and the enduring spirit of its people. From Seneca Rocks and the Kanawha River to small-town hollers and winding Appalachian roads, this song is a tribute to the Mountain State's soul, where every sunset and star-filled night carries the echo of freedom and tradition.
Lyrics:
The sun rises over the Appalachian Mountains,
Whispering tales of coal country and endless fountains.
Down in the holler, where the Kanawha flows,
Stonewall Jackson’s spirit in the wind still blows.
Seneca Rocks stand tall, like a hillbilly throne,
In this hillbilly heaven, I’ve found my home.
Hot damn, the Potomac’s calling my name,
Through these winding roads, I’ll never be the same.
Y’all come back now, to the heart of my holler,
Where the Mountaineers are always free, and life is dollar.
Oh, West Virginia, you’re the heart of my holler,
In your rolling hills, I’ll never feel smaller.
From the coal mines deep to the rivers wide,
In your embrace, I’ll forever abide.
The Appalachian breeze sings a lonesome tune,
Underneath the stars and a harvest moon.
The Kanawha whispers secrets of the past,
In this wild, wild land, I’m home at last.
Hot damn, the Potomac’s calling my name,
Through these winding roads, I’ll never be the same.
Y’all come back now, to the heart of my holler,
Where the Mountaineers are always free, and life is dollar.
Oh, West Virginia, you’re the heart of my holler,
In your rolling hills, I’ll never feel smaller.
From the coal mines deep to the rivers wide,
In your embrace, I’ll forever abide.
When the night falls low and the fire burns bright,
I hear the echoes of the mountain’s might.
Through the valleys deep and the ridges high,
West Virginia, you’re my lullaby.
Oh, West Virginia, you’re the heart of my holler,
In your rolling hills, I’ll never feel smaller.
From the coal mines deep to the rivers wide,
In your embrace, I’ll forever abide.
Y’all come back now, to the heart of my holler,
Where the Mountaineers are always free, and life is dollar.
Hot damn, West Virginia, you’re my home,
In your hills and hollers, I’ll forever roam.
🎵 Lyric: Borna Cuk
🎶 Music & Voice: AI
Support & Collaboration
If you enjoy this project and want to support or collaborate, feel free to contact me.
Email: americanfolk.country@gmail.com
YouTube Channel: @AMERICANFolkCountryAI
Official Website: www.americanfolk-country.com
Thank you for listening and keeping the spirit of folk & country music alive!
© American Folk Country | All Rights Reserved

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment!
🎵 Subscribe to My YouTube Channel - Stay tuned for more country music 🎵
https://www.youtube.com/@AMERICANFolkCountryAI?sub_confirmation=1